If you are experiencing issues with your email, please first try Setting up your email as detailed below
- If you are having issues logging into the webmail
- Experiencing issues with your usual desktop or phone based email access
please Email email@example.com so we can look into them for you.
Please include mobile number as well as an alternative contact email address.
Setting up Your Email
- You'll need your email address and password (if you have it)
- Use the 'Reset Password' if you can't remember it! - You'll need an alternate email address for the verification to be sent to.
You will need to change the incoming and outgoing servers on your email clients set up!
- Login with your exising email and password
- OR if you cannot remember your password click here
Here you can view your webmail and set up your devices
- Select your device for it to be set up automatically
- For the 'Im not sure. Send me general instructions" enter an alternate email address
- Select as required and send
- If you are on your device click on "Automatically configure my device"
- When you access an email account through a desktop email application such as Windows Live Mail, the email application will require specific information about your email account. You can use the auto-configure options below to attempt to automatically configure your email application. If the available options are not compatible with your application, you will need to use the Manual Settings information in Configure Mail Client below
Configure Mail Client - Apple Devices and Mac OS Mail
- Use "IMAP over SSL/TLS" auto set up if you are on your device
Click and follow the instructions
Configure Mail Client - Android Devices
- Select "Android"
- Enter an alternate email address.
- Cllick send. (You may also need to check your spam folder)
On your device, open the email and follow it's instructions.
Configure Mail Clients, Outlook, Other devices, etc.
- Select "I'm not sure"
- Enter and alternate email address
- Click send
- or click on "Automatically configure my device"
Manually configuring your email
If you do not see an auto-configuration script for your client in the list, you can manually configure your mail client using the settings below:
- The server name for both incoming and outgoing is unique to your domain
Follow the instructions of your email client to configure. (look in your Help)
These links may help: